The West of England Low Carbon Challenge Fund will run over the next three years and will be open to eligible applicants across Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire. A total of £1.7m in grant funding is available from the European Regional Development Fund. Grants will be made available for up to 40% of eligible costs, leading to £4.2m in investment in schemes that could help:
- avoid emissions that can harm the environment and contribute to climate change
- reduce energy bills
- lower maintenance costs and retain equipment for longer
- make buildings more comfortable and healthier for staff
- access cutting edge low carbon technologies
New applications for West of England Green Business Grants will open as soon as possible later in 2020, with between £1,000-£15,000 cashback available for:
- improvements to the energy efficiency of buildings – this could include insulation, heating and lighting
- and/or purchases to improve business operations, such as more efficient production or refrigeration equipment.
The West of England Local Energy Scheme, which supports small scale, renewable energy projects, has now closed to applications.
Opportunities may arise for installation companies to submit quotes to Low Carbon Challenge Fund applicants and grant beneficiaries.