Our West of England Green Business Grants support small and medium-sized companies to improve their energy efficiency and reduce carbon emissions.
The first application window for the grants closed in Autumn 2019; we received 68 applications and awarded nearly £200,000 from a £1m pot.
Because of coronavirus, the grant scheme is currently closed to new applicants, but will reopen as soon as possible later in 2020. If you would like to be notified of this, please register your interest and we will let you know when grant applications reopen.
If you are an existing applicant and have completed the Stage 1 application process, we are still accepting and processing Stage 2 applications for grant, based on advice from your Energy Report.
What are Green Business Grants?
Green Business Grants can be used for capital works to improve the energy efficiency of buildings and/or capital purchases to improve the energy efficiency of your business operations.
A Green Business Grant could help you:
- avoid emissions that can harm the environment and contribute to climate change
- reduce your energy bills
- be protected from future energy price rises
- lower maintenance costs and keep equipment for longer
- make your buildings more comfortable and healthier for staff
- improve your green credentials with customers and contracting organisations
- access cutting edge low carbon technologies
- support the local supply chain for energy efficiency goods and services.
To apply for a grant your organisation must be a small and medium sized enterprise based in the West of England, ie Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire council areas.
Full details on eligibility and how to apply will be published when the grant window re-opens.