The Realising Talent project is continuing through the Coronavirus outbreak, although some aspects of delivery may vary locally. Please email the relevant contacts below for further information.
Realising Talent is a West of England Combined Authority funded pilot scheme developed by B&NES Council, to provide FREE support to young people’s wellbeing and life skills ensuring education, training and career opportunities are achievable beyond their GCSEs.
The scheme aims to engage with young people across the region to offer: mentoring, careers advice and guidance, and additional courses to improve health and wellbeing, confidence, life skills and job-ready skills.
Who is it for?
- Young people aged 14-16 at risk of not participating in education and training post-16
- Those living in the West of England – that’s Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol and South Gloucestershire
- Young people identified via participating schools who need support
What does the Realising Talent programme look like?
- It is a two-year programme involving a mixture of bespoke 1:1 sessions and group sessions, and is supported through a coordinated hub of providers
- It can include work experience and placements
- A questionnaire will be completed prior to participation and goals and targets will be set and progress monitored throughout the scheme
- A ‘passport’ will be presented at the end of the programme which will be recognisable to further education providers and local businesses
- All data and participation in the project will be completely confidential
What else will participants learn?
Getting involved in this programme of activities will allow participants to understand more about careers opportunities as well as learn new skills through participating in activities, and there is potential for them to improve their health, wellbeing and self-confidence.
The programme has been put together by Bath and North East Somerset Council, with partners South Gloucestershire Council, Bristol City Council, Bath College and 3rd sector organisations within the area. Schools and parents can contact the following project leads to enquire about eligibility for the programme:
- Bath College: Sally.Eaton@bathcollege.ac.uk
- Bath and North East Somerset Council: email@example.com
- Bristol City Council: Delyse.Taylor@bristol.gov.uk
- South Gloucestershire: Julie.Cathcart@southglos.gov.uk
This programme is run by Bath & North East Somerset Council. In accordance with their data protection policy, it is asked that all parents and / or care givers / guardians read their privacy statement relating to the realising talent programme.