The West of England Combined Authority and our regional and national partners are supporting residents during the Covid-19 outbreak.
Beyond this immediate support, we are using our local powers and funding to meet the needs of local people and businesses, supporting the region’s economic recovery and growth through initiatives including Workforce for the Future.
Below, you’ll find information and links to regional and national services to support with skills, careers and employment.
Future Bright offers free, one-to-one career coaching, training and support to help people develop their skills and confidence and progress in their career. We have widened the Future Bright scheme to support those whose work and income has been affected by coronavirus.
- Find a Job – national job search portal for full and part-time jobs across England, Scotland and Wales
- Jobhelp – a new Jobcentre Plus website to help people looking for work with advice, tips and guides to help
- Ways 2 Work – Bristol City Council’s employment support service
- Achieve in B&NES – job and training search service for Bath & North East Somerset
Skills and training
- The Skills Toolkit – Government online learning platform giving access to free, high quality digital and numeracy courses, to help people build up their skills, progress in work and boost their job prospects
- Skills Support for Redundancy – access to funded skills training, retraining and careers guidance to help you get back into employment
- Skills Support for the Workforce – accredited qualifications and bespoke training courses to enhance employees’ skills
- Skills Support for the Unemployed – support and training for unemployed people who want to return to work but need new skills