The West of England Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) has refreshed its board by welcoming six new business leaders to help it shape the economic future of the region.
The senior businesses leaders work across a range of sectors – all with substantial experience of driving growth in the region – and come from a range of diverse backgrounds, including five women.
The new members are:
- Natasha Swinscoe, Chief Executive Officer of the West of England Academic Health Science Network
- Heather Cooper, Chief People Officer at Hargreaves Lansdown
- Margot Day, Global Director for Risk and Commercial Law for Buro Happold Limited
- Zoe Metcalfe, Director at Ove Arup & Partners
- Joanne Rumley, partner at Foot Anstey LLP, and board member of both the Insolvency Lawyers’ Association and the Turnaround Management Association
- Richard Bonner, UK Operations Director and Bristol City Executive at Arcadis, President of the Bristol Chamber of Commerce and Initiative, and a Director of Business West.
The new additions to the LEP Board are part of a recruitment drive, launched earlier this year, which called for more senior business leaders from diverse backgrounds with regional industry expertise.
Prof Steve West, Chair of the West of England LEP, said: “All our new members are inspirational and influential senior business leaders who have the credibility to help us champion the West of England at regional, national and international level.
“Our aim is to build a LEP Board membership which secures a range of attributes, skills and backgrounds. We are committed to reflecting and using the diversity across our region; providing the broad mix of senior leadership required to ensure the continued success and growth of the West of England.
“Our refreshed LEP Board will be central to driving forward our ambitious vision for the West of England set out in the Local Industrial Strategy, working in partnership with others. The future is ours to create – we have the opportunity to become a global gateway for innovation, creativity and tech test beds.”
Further information can be found at www.westofengland-ca.gov.uk/lep/.