As the region’s transport authority, WECA is working hard to make sure that people who need to travel can do so safely.
What we are doing
- Working with transport providers and Government to provide the levels of services needed to meet the needs of those who need to travel, keeping passengers safe.
- Supporting businesses through our Economic Task Force to adapt to new working practices and encouraging new active travel habits.
- Working with councils to implement improvement measures to help people to continue to walk and cycle and to maintain social distancing when travelling.
Government travel advice is as follows:
New local restriction tiers apply in England. If you are in a high or very high tier, you should aim to reduce your journeys.
Across all tiers you should:
- walk or cycle if you can – where that is not possible, use public transport or drive
- plan ahead and avoid the busiest routes, as well as busy times
- avoid car sharing with anyone from outside your household or your support bubble
Check the local restriction tiers that apply in your area and at your destination before you travel.
- Capacity is limited on public transport due to social distancing so avoid the busiest routes and peak times where possible.
- When using public transport, keep your distance from other passengers, wear a face covering, wash or sanitise your hands frequently and use contactless payment.
For more travel advice visit travelwest.info/coronavirus.