More and more people are taking steps to kick-start their career with Future Bright and get personal career coaching and support.
Future Bright is a free service offering career advice, training and support to residents in Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol and South Gloucestershire, aged 19 and over who receive in-work benefits or tax credits. It can help people develop new skills, improve their career and boost their income through:
- Tailored support from a dedicated career coach
- Practical help to take control of your work and pay
- Training and development designed for you.
Future Bright is managed by the West of England Combined Authority and is being delivered locally by Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol and South Gloucestershire Councils.
West of England Mayor, Tim Bowles said: “It’s been wonderful to meet people who are already benefiting from Future Bright and hear how it’s providing help and support that’s really flexible and tailored to their specific needs – putting them on the right path to securing a better future for themselves and their families. I urge anyone who wants to improve their job opportunities, boost their income or pick up some new skills to get in touch and join our Future Bright journey.”
Future Bright is making a real difference to people’s lives, boosting their skills and improving their career prospects:
- Caroline Lyall, a busy single mum from Bristol, working part time in administration, has worked with her personal career progression coach to identify career opportunities and start training to develop new skills. Caroline said: “Future Bright has given me the confidence and self-belief to work towards a career that I’m really interested in. I’ve achieved more than I thought possible. I would definitely advise other people to take advantage of the support and advice that Future Bright can offer”.
- Sue Manning, a school midday supervisor from Weston, Bath, said: “I’ve been working with my Future Bright coach to identify potential jobs to match my interests and skills. My coach has really helped and I now feel I can achieve my goal to improve my career prospects and pay.”
- Edith Taylor, from Bristol, who works in healthcare, said: “Future Bright has made me feel more confident that I can achieve whatever I set my mind to do. I have started a new job and I feel encouraged to go ahead and look into further education. I discovered that there’s a whole new world of opportunity out there for me. My career progression coach has been wonderful and encouraging me every step of the way. It’s like having a cheerleader in your corner willing you on every step of the way.”
- Spenser Baines, a department store worker from Bath, said: “When I was told about Future Bright I jumped at the chance to improve my prospects and increase my hours. My coach has helped me improve my CV and practice mock interviews. He’s updated me on current employment opportunities and given me career advice. My employer has also been very supportive and I’m really hopeful I’ll be able to secure a better future for myself.”
- Angela Madison, a self-employed dog-boarder from Midsomer Norton, wanted to increase her income and grow her business. She said: “The help I have been given has been unbelievable – honest and positive. My coach has given me the courage to push myself. I’m feeling so much more hopeful about my future and can’t thank Future Bright enough.”
To find out more about Future Bright and how it could help you, visit www.futurebright.org.uk or contact your local council’s Future Bright team:
Bath & North East Somerset
Phone: 01225 395555
Phone: 0117 9222250
Phone: 01454 866008